Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

our cozy week


as life changes for me, i'm learning to appreciate the simple things.  the way hot steam come off my first cup of coffee.  the way my baby's little toes sound as they scoot around on the wood floors.  our pup's loud sigh as she settles into a mid-morning nap.  the beautiful, white and heavy snow hanging on tree branches.  i'm so thankful i'm able to slow down in this busy season to really see everything around me.    

it is a chilly and cozy week so far for us.  


we're learning how to climb and stand on literally anything and everything.  (i just love that cute little baby booty)


we've started lighting candles every morning while we get ready for our day.  our house is full of the scent of pine + evergreen + cinnamon.  


i'm not really one to go shopping all the time, but lately we've been taking little trips to the store to get out of the house.  i may have purposely forgotten milk the last time we went to the grocery store so we would have to take another trip back later in the week ... 


every afternoon, i find myself indulging in cup after cup of hot tea.  i haven't found a favorite yet, but this holiday blend is pretty good.  (especially when paired with an oatmeal cookie ... )

i hope you're all feeling loved and blessed this week!

4 comments:

  1. Love this. It's funny how our little ones change everything, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sounds like my house right now too. I'm learning to love the quieter pace and the little things too.

      Delete
  2. sugar cookie sleigh ride is one of our "go-to" favorite hot teas...i have yet to try the gingerbread one.

    and I totally understand the going to store just to walk and browse. just going to the grocery store is so awesome...anything to get out of the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH GIRL! I don't know if you remember me, but I used to go to Ripon, we had a couple art classes together. I didn't know you blogged too! Consider me a new follower.

    Congrats on the little one, a lot of time has passed since we've seen each other. :)
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete