Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

It's your day, Ramsey-boy.




Ramsey,

Today is your birthday. Your first birthday. A whole year has gone by ever since the moment you came into this world and were placed on my chest. As your momma, I continue to grow more and more entranced with you and your budding personality as every day passes. It's hard for me to even comprehend the complexity of growing you, nourishing you, loving you, and teaching you as you grow before my eyes.

We are starting to really form a relationship and bond. It's almost like we share secrets that no one else knows about. This connection we have continues to surprise me and is so precious to me. I promise you I will try my best to not take that for granted.

I'm finding that I try to prepare my heart and mind for all these milestones with you. But, I'm realizing that I just need to stand in the in-between and feel all the messy and the beautiful at the same time in order to experience it all.

You have changed me over this past year, little boy. I am blessed to be your momma and to have the amazing, challenging, and beautiful responsibility to raise you and love on you.

You are deeply loved,
your mama

3 comments:

  1. ah, happy birthday to your sweet boy! He's so adorable :) Happy first year of motherhood to you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, Ramsey! Way to go on your first year of being an amazing momma, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah! you just made me cry :) you put into words so many of the things I feel with little Nolia!! Thank you for that.
    She and I share secrets that no one else knows too :)
    Love you both! Happy 1st year!

    ReplyDelete