Pages

Friday, October 19, 2012

turn up the tunes! :: mumford & sons

click for image source 


My husband has been talking about the new Mumford & Sons albumn for weeks.  We play music every morning while the coffee is brewing. I think it's our small attempt to making waking up a little easier.  I will seriously lay in bed as long as I possibly can in the morning.  It's like my feet are incapable of hitting the floor. So, the music helps.

Anyways... back to the new Mumford albumn. Whenever there is something new, I'm usually the one that is too good to get into a fad and try it out.  I will especially not get into some thing new if it's popular.  Because, let's be honest, that just isn't cool.

So, even with my husband pleading me, I have been dragging my feet with picking up the albumn and listening to it.

Until today.

Whoa.  Listening was like water for my soul.  The symbolism (whether intentional or not) is incredibly beautiful.  In the song "I will wait", there are lines that go ...

Well I came home like a stone
And fell heavy into your arms
These days of dust, which we've known
Will blow away with this new sun

And I'll kneel down, wait for now
And I'll kneel down know my ground

And I will wait, I will wait for you
And I will wait, I will wait for you

So break my step, and relent
Well you forgave, and I won't forget
Know that we've seen and him with less
Now in some way shake the excess
...
Now I'll be bold as well as strong
And use my head alongside my heart
So tame my flesh and fix my eyes
A tethered mind freed from the lies

But I'll kneel down, wait for now
I'll kneel down know my ground

Raise my hands, paint my spirit gold
Bow my head, keep my heart slow
---

For me, these words are saturated with such an intense feeling.  It's crazy how our ears and heart are connected and how moved we can be by melodies and lyrics.  Some songs just make intense emotions pump through my veins.  I guess you could say I'm a feeler and I feel deep.

Go take a listen -- you won't be disappointed.






No comments:

Post a Comment